To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Full Stack Developer
|Department:||Data & Analytics|
|Grade:||USU Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $71,730|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||April 26, 2018|
This position in the Data & Analytics Department is responsible for completing tasks related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Web-applications and/or services, PC, and client/server software programs to meet user needs. This requires utilizing multiple programming languages, including database/SQL scripts, and development conventions. An ideal candidate should be a fast learner of new tools/technologies and is abreast of the latest trends in the software industry. Some travel may be required.
- Design and implement efficient, reusable and intuitive Web applications, microservices and database changes to meet user needs.
- Take end-to-end product and features ownership from design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and responding to customer issues
- Estimate development effort, assist in the planning of implementation and rollout of system changes
- Ensure software stability via regression and unit testing so production operations run successfully
- Assists in developing documentation required for new programs, modifications, or off-the shelf packages.
- Assists in the implementation approach for new software programs, modifications, and off-the shelf packages.
- Assists in post implementation reviews to determine if software programs or modifications meet user requirements and whether procedures can be made more efficient or effective.
- Suggests ways to improve the department's procedures and standards based on process analysis, results evaluation, and information gained from external sources.
- Evaluates software by reviewing technical documentation and demonstrations.
- Keeps current on emerging technologies via professional organizations, technical or functional reference manuals and magazines, and other external sources, and transitions knowledge to IS management/staff.
- Documents work performed in accordance with department standards and reports on the progress and status of assigned projects to managers.
- Provides basic support to users by analyzing and resolving user problems with custom developed or packaged applications.
- Must be able to independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience building web services, like REST/OAuth/JSON, and a good understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience with commonly used open source products like Hibernate, Angular, and Maven.
- Experience with automated test tools used during the development process (e.g., Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit).
- Extensive experience with relational database development, database queries, stored procedures, data modeling (e.g., MySQL, MS SQL).
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB is a plus.
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat, Wildfly, etc.
- Experience with source code/configuration management tools (CVS, GitHub)
- Expertise in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g., Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence).
- Programming experience on/with Linux platforms.
- Experience and skill in the use of development tools (e.g., databases, report writers) and conventions for the PC, client/server and mainframe environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
**Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com**
Posting Date: April 26, 2018