To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Digital Media Data Specialist
|Department:||Data & Analytics Department|
|Grade:||USU Grade 6|
|Salary:||Starts at $61,511|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||May 16, 2018|
This position provides intermediate, direct support to the Digital Communications team.
- Provides targeting, strategy, and reporting support to all AFSCME teams and departments that are running digital campaigns.
- Produces reports on digital campaign performance, including text, email, and social media and provides recommendations on how to improve the campaigns
- Creates universes for digital campaigns and may provide recommendations on targeting.
- Develops and tracks best practices employed by the digital unit, AFSCME affiliates, and other internal teams. Assists in ongoing maintenance of digital systems including those used for email and SMS communications.
- Helps run digital tests, including design and implementation.
- Manipulates voter, membership, volunteer and other databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in labor relations, communications, political science or liberal arts.
A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in labor, political or community organizing; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exposure to labor, political or community organizing, including communications work.
- General knowledge of media relations and communications strategy.
- Knowledge of and experience with digital communications systems, including text, email, Facebook Ads Manager, and Google Adwords
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assess and appropriately respond to information requests.
- Knowledge of SQL or another query-based language
- Strong time management skills. The ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently, prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
- Experience with R and Python a plus
**Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com**