To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Data & Targeting Specialist, Digital Media
|Department:||Data & Analytics|
|Grade:||USU - Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $71,730|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||June 05, 2018|
This position in the Data & Analytics Department is responsible for completing tasks related to assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of affiliate file processing procedures and reporting.
- Utilize advanced tools and techniques to conduct digital targeting and analysis for digital issue, union organizing, and electoral campaigns.
- Work closely with the Digital Unit in the Communications Department to support and enhance digital campaigns as follows:
- Assist International Union Staff and affiliates in developing strategies to achieve online and digital campaign goals.
- Manipulate a variety of voter, membership, volunteer and other data across multiple platforms and databases.
- Test and establish best practices and data-driven standards for online programs.
- Provide data and technological guidance on digital campaigns.
- Work with the Digital Unit to administer, support, and train users on digital organizing and engagement systems (Action Network, Mobile Commons and others).
- Work across departments and with vendors to coordinate large-scale programs utilizing in-house and vendor-provided tools.
- Work with AFSCME International Staff and affiliates to implement digital testing methods (A/B testing and others) to continually identify new best practices and approaches.
- Work with members of the Digital Communications Team and Data and Analytics unit to integrate the flow of information across digital communications tools and other systems used by AFSCME International
- Support the digital unit by providing additional data and analytical support to support online campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) year of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective data analysis skills.
- Extensive experience in digital campaign strategy, online fundraising, and other related work.
- Strong commitment to the labor movement, the union and its mission.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individuals.
- Familiarity with online and electoral tools and datasets such as Action Network, Salsa, Catalist, VAN, and other constituent relationship management tools.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in both issue, union organizing, and electoral organizing.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.