To be considered
For each position of interest, please send a separate email with an attached cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Also, include the position title, and if you are a current member of an AFSCME Local, in the subject line of your email.
Administrative Assistant II
|Department:||Education and Leadership Training|
|Grade:||Excluded Clerical Grade 8|
|Salary:||Starts at $55,304|
|Benefits:||List of benefits|
|Posting Date:||June 05, 2018|
Provides overall coordination of daily administrative activities of the Director and office staff by monitoring the work flow, keeping the Director abreast of activities, being knowledgeable of the status of project activities, performing follow-up procedures on matters for the Director and directing office support personnel.
- Assists the Director in coordinating and handling the departments confidential affairs.
- Receives, reviews, proofreads, and determines the most effective and efficient methods for accomplishing all incoming work for the Director.
- Receives and reviews the Director’s mail; redirects and refers mail to appropriate departments as necessary.
- Maintains the Director’s correspondence and phone request log, identifying type of correspondence, subject, date and principals.
- Approves subordinates leave requests, allocates assignments to ensure adequate department clerical support, and completes work evaluations.
- Coordinates professionals leave schedule with the Director.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of reports and monitors budget expenditures. Initiates and signs Expense Authorization Forms (EAF’s) for various department needs. Consults with General Services and other sources to determine costs. In addition, writes justifications for expenditures as needed.
- Maintains a daily activity tickler file for the Director. Review files daily to keep Director abreast of project deadlines.
- Coordinates department calendar with other information regarding travel and activities of the Director, management and relevant staff. Maintains a published weekly schedule and forwards to Executive Office.
- Acts as initial contact/reference person for the Director. Reviews and answers general correspondence for the Director and makes necessary decisions required to ensure timely accomplishment of the department’s objectives and projects as required.
- Consults regularly with the professional staff to keep abreast of departmental activities which impact on the International’s interest. Provides this information to the Director.
- Reviews documents and proofs correspondence and memorandum for distribution.
- Maintains and creates spreadsheets to provide reporting on budget and other departmental financial activities. Assists in preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinates project timelines and provides summary report to the Director.
- Develops and documents procedures and workflow for clerical activities.
- Performs related work as required.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from high school and extensive knowledge of office management, secretarial skills or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would be acquired through the completion of an Associate degree and a minimum of five (5) years experience as an executive or senior supervisory administrative support person working in a confidential environment that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations for the purpose of accomplishing results.
- Produces information through the proficient use of MS Word and Excel, GroupWise and database software. Working knowledge of MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to compose correspondence using standard grammar and collect and analyze information.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to develop and use a confidential filing and retrieval system.
- Ability to learn software products for use in daily activities.
- Ability to effectively delegate, coach, and supervise subordinate staff.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates**
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.