From the Leadership
- Feb 22 Supreme Court Case Threatens Freedom of American Workers For all they do, public service workers deserve basic respect and a fair hearing in the Supreme Court. If facts, law and precedent matter, Janus v. AFSCME will be decided in their favor.
- Feb 21 The Real Problem Is Robbing Workers of Fair Compensation, Not Public-Service Unions Robbing sanitation workers and corrections officers of a decent living while lavishing more tax breaks on corporations and billionaires is the real problem, a problem made far worse if the court rules against working people.
- Dec 08 The False Slogan of Right to Work: An Attack on Worker Freedom AFSCME Pres. Lee Saunders explains in a new column why the Janus v. AFSCME case would be particularly bad for minority communities.
- More »
- Mar 02 Public Employers Must Address Harassment Too #MeToo has injected a new urgency in the battle to end sexual harassment once and for all.
- Nov 14 Because They Care: Cedar Haven Workers and Residents Stand for Dignity The workers at Cedar Haven nursing home are waging a struggle to provide the best possible care for the people they love.
- Oct 27 The Importance of Public Service AFSCME has made a commitment to better understand our members’ priorities and their connection to our union. What we’ve learned can be summed up in a single phrase to describe public service workers: We never quit.
- More »