Several scholarship programs are available for AFSCME members and their children. Click on an individual scholarship from the list below to download an application and for information on requirements and deadlines.
- AFSCME Family Scholarship$2,000 renewable scholarship awarded to high school seniors each year.
- Union Plus ScholarshipActive and retired AFSCME members, spouses and dependent children are eligible to apply.
- Gerald W. McEntee ScholarshipIn honor of former AFSCME Pres. Jerry McEntee this one-time $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to an AFSCME member for use towards higher education.
- Jerry Wurf Memorial Fund Scholarships to the Harvard Trade Union ProgramProvides three scholarships for the six-week Harvard Trade Union Program for two AFSCME senior staff and expenses and release time for an AFSCME leader chosen by Harvard to participate in the program.
- William Lucy Labor Scholarship to the Harvard Trade Union ProgramProvides a scholarship for an experienced AFSCME leader to attend the Harvard Trade Union Program, a six-week program of outstanding education and training in the political, economic, and organizational challenges confronting labor unions.
- AFSCME Affiliate Scholarship ProgramsMany AFSCME affiliates have special scholarship programs designed to help their members pursue educational opportunities to advance on the job.
- The OAPSE/AFSCME Memorial ScholarshipThis $2,500 scholarship is available to any graduating high school senior whose parent or legal guardian is a member in good standing of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE/AFSCME Local 4/AFL-CIO).